Lucky I didn't use the Web 2.0 Suicide Machine to delete my online presence, huh?
I took a squizz at the following libraries:
- Pawtucket Library
- Tonganoxie Public Library
- Alameda County Library
They're using MySpace for the following uses:
- listing opening times / locations
- embedded basic catalogue search function
- blogging
- 'Ask a librarian' meebo chat client
They're all pretty limited in the old MySpace template, so nothing mind-blowing imo. I found that there wasn't a of recent activity on all three accounts, maybe because MySpace has taken a back seat to sites like Facebook etc.
Deakin or Swinburne both have MySpace pages, but I doubt the Deakin ones are actually official. No specific University Library profiles though. Should we have a page, I'd add the following content:
- Chat client
- Opening hours / locations
- Liaison librarian contact details / office hours
- Basic catalogue search
- What's new? (technology / resources / staff)
- Blog
- Utilize the photos section more - especially with library renovations etc.
Wednesday, 17 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment